Terms and conditions
The services offered by the Ecobarter Company Ltd (Ecobarter) under this terms and conditions include waste collection, recycling collection, tokenization of waste materials, points rewards, digital wallets, mobile payments facilitation using wastes as a currency.
By signing up, opening an account and using the Ecobarter platform (mobile application on google playstore, apple store, web application, reverse vending machines and community centers), you are agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions and you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Ecobarter service, use of the service, or access to the service or any contact on the platform through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
SECTION ONE: GENERAL
1.1 DATA COLLECTION AND USE
1) We collect the following data/data types on the Ecobarter platform explicitly for service delivery and engagements with users
a) Personal information: name, phone number, email address, pickup address. Optional personal information include date of birth, social media.
b) Financial information: Bank name, Bank account number, Bank verification number. This is to facilitate mobile transfers to your bank or mobile payments to third party merchants using waste points in your ecobarter digital wallets.
c) Platform activity and performance information: App opens, App page interactions, machine interactions, number of requests made, volume of wastes recovered, volume of recyclables. Platform downtime, app crash information will also be collected for performance management.
2) Data collected through the Ecobarter digital platforms are encrypted in transit.
3) When you use the Ecobarter platform or send emails or other data, information or communication to Ecobarter, you agree and understand that you are communicating with Ecobarter through electronic records and you consent to receive communications via electronic records from Ecobarter periodically. Ecobarter may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
4) Official communication channels for complaints, requests, enquires and related matters are email- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and WhatsApp – +2347043876287, +2349161582504, +2349161565629.
5) We reserve the right to publish your feedbacks, testimonials and comments without obligations to you if personal information is withheld.
6) You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
1.2 ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
1) Confidentiality: The user shall be responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of userID and passwords and shall be responsible for all activities that occur under such account associated with the userID.
2) Where information on the Ecobarter platform contain typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to user personal or financial information, we reserve the right to edit or retract the error of information across our platforms upon confirmation and approval from the user
3) You agree that if you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, that Ecobarter has the right to suspend, block access or terminate your account on the Ecobarter platform
1.3 PROHIBITED USE
1) You may not use the Ecobarter platform, our online marketplace, recycling center and any other that we may provide for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
2) You may not harm any of Ecobarter’s staff or resource personnel which may include but not limited to third-party delivery agents, last-mile waste collectors, customer representatives, call center agents or social media handlers. We strongly prohibit physical abuse, verbal abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse and any of such activities which can constitute as harm.
1.4 DATA SECURITY AND PRIVACY
1) Data collected via the ecobarter digital platform (mobile application on google playstore “Ecobarter”, mobile application on apple iOS store “Ecobarter: Wastes as a Currency” and the web application) are encrypted in transit.
2) Sharing of personal and financial information is highly prohibited. We do not sell your personal and financial information, We may share such only if required by law or law enforcement offices with relevant legal backing or with partners only to detect and prevent theft or other illegal conducts.
3) Account deletion of Opt-out: Ecobarter provides all users with the option to delete their account on the ecobarter platform or opt-out of certain services, engagement or communications from us after setting up an account.
Step 1: Login to your ecobarter account using your email and password
Step 2: Click on “profile” from the list of icons at the bottom of the homepage
Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom of the profile page to see “Delete Account”
Step 4: A pop up message ” Performing this action will delete your account and all your earning permanently” will appear
Step 5: Click “Yes” to continue to delete your account with Ecobarter
Once an account has been deleted;
b) ALL user’s personal and financial information including, names, email, phone number, address, date of birth, social media handles, bank name, bank account number, bank verification number will be deleted from the Ecobarter platform (Mobile and Web applications)
c) Platform Activity and Performance Information such as volume of wastes recovered, volume of recyclables. Platform downtime, app crash information related with your now deleted account will remain a part of the Ecobarter platform overall data base under “Deleted user” aliases.
4) Partial Opt-out of non-essential engagement: Ecobarter runs a weekly newsletter to retain communications with users which all users are automatically subscribe to upon creating an Ecobarter account. To opt-out of receiving communications via any or all of these you can click the “unsubscribe” button located at the bottom of the email for newsletters.
1.5 FORCE MAJEURE
All users of the Ecobarter platform agree that they shall attach no liability for any inability to carry out any obligations under this Agreement if is attributable to an event of force majeure including but not limited to systems downtime, server failure, civil commotion, strikes or lock outs, war, flood, insurrection and other acts of God PROVIDED however that where an event of force majeure subsists for more than One (1) month the Party affected by such force majeure event shall be deemed to have voluntarily excused itself from the transaction contemplated by this Agreement
SECTION TWO: RECYCLING
Ecobarter shall provide recycling collection services to individuals, households and organizations using various schemes which shall be properly advertised across the Ecobarter Platform
2.1 GENERAL CONDITIONS
1) Ecobarter provides recycling collection services at ecobarter.africa
2) All users agree to make recycling collection requests via the user dashboard at app.ecobarter.africa
3) Ecobarter reserves the right to accept or refuse any request for pickup
4) Ecobarter shall collect wastes which include but not limited to plastics, paper, cartons, aluminum and other metals
5) Ecobarter shall reward every user whose recyclable wastes have been successfully picked up by an Ecobarter assigned last-mile waste collector with recycling points equivalent to the weight of the recyclable collected
6) Ecobarter shall provide a digital wallet for users to accrue their recycling points and redeem in any of the options provided by Ecobarter
2.2 RECYCLING USERS’ RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
1) Every user can send a request for pickup via the ecobarter app or on the Ecobarter’s official WhatsApp
2) The user shall ensure that the contact information provided on the Ecobarter platform remains true at every point of requesting for a pick up
3) A user shall properly bag the recyclables to be picked up by the Ecobarter assigned last-mile waste collector.
4) A user shall ensure that the recycling pile is free of dirts, water, rodents and other things like maggots. Failure to do this gives the Ecobarter last-mile collector the right to not pickup
5) A user has the right to request for a re-weighing of her recycling pile
6) A user can redeem her recycling points from the Ecobarter wallet either as discount on the Ecobarter shop or as cash directly into her bank account
2.3 ECOBARTER’S OBLIGATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
1) Ecobarter reserves the right to accept or reject any request for pickup, providing adequate notification is sent to the user
2) Ecobarter reserves the right to fulfil pickup or not, provided adequate notification and reason is provided to all users
3) Within stipulated time, Ecobarter shall complete all accepted pick up request except otherwise communicated
4) Ecobarter shall weigh the user’s recyclable on the spot and accord recycling point
5) Ecobarter shall accord all users recycling points based on the volume of recyclable wastes recovered from them
6) Ecobarter agrees to ascertain that users are able to redeem their points at will on any of the options provided
7) Ecobarter shall not be held liable for a failed pickup when the address of the User is not descriptive enough such as without a landmark, or where the user is unreachable on an agreed pickup day
SECTION THREE: THE ONLINE STORE
3.1 GENERAL CONDITIONS
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
1) The online marketplace for Ecobarter is at https://shop.ecobarter.africa/ until otherwise changed.
2) The marketplace displays products and services from various merchants across the world
2) Certain products or services are available for “Buy Now”, “Pre-Order” or “Custom-Order”
3) Certain products or service have cannot be recreated in more than one (1) exact piece or have very limited quantities
4) We display products and represent services as accurately as possible, we however cannot guarantee the quality of the screen, color or image you see
5) Prices for our products and services are subject to change without notice.
3.2 DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITIES
1) Ecobarter Shop, all the materials and products and services, included on or otherwise made available to you through this platform are provided on https://shop.ecobarter.africa either on “available for buy now” or “pre-order” basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing.
2) All the products sold via Ecobarter Shop are governed by laws of The Federal Republic of Nigeria and if Ecobarter Shop is unable to deliver such products due to implications of the laws, Ecobarter Shop will return or will give credit for the amount received by Ecobarter Shop from the sale of such product, which could not be delivered to you.
3) All products and services displaced on the Ecobarter shop will be titled and described in a way that is representative.
4) Ecobarter Shop reserves the right to refuse to sell any products or service to anyone at any time. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit/debit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we shall attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
5) All payment for products or services on the Ecobarter Shop shall be made through our trusted payment partners Paystack and any other payment processor fielded at Checkout on the Ecobarter shop page. Ecobarter will not be responsible for payment for products or services made outside of the Ecobarter approved means.
6) You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at Ecobarter shop. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and payment card information, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
7) All products or services will not be delivered until payment has been made in full
8) In the event that you fail to collect your order or provide an incorrect delivery address, you may be eligible for any costs incurred in the order being returned to us. This charge will be deducted from any refund given on the original product purchase.
9) Ecobarter Shop shall offer a refund or exchange an item returned within 14 days of delivery. We must receive email notification from you within 3 days of receiving the goods in order to qualify for a refund. Unless an item is faulty the cost of returning the goods is the customer’s responsibility. In order for us to issue a full refund, goods must be returned unused, undamaged and in original packaging.
10) If an item is returned used or damaged, we will return the item without a refund or exchange. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to return an item.
11) Ecobarter Shop reserves the right to refuse refunds where it is deemed either by ourselves or by the product manufacturer that product misuse has occurred.
12) Items claimed as faulty may be returned to us for testing, and in the event that no manufacture defect is present, these items will be returned to you at your cost.
13) You have up to 30 days after dispatch of your order to inform us of any items not received. After this time, it is more difficult to us to trace packages and so we cannot be held responsible for any missing packages.
14) A discount code may not be used in conjunction with any other code such as but not limited to Recycling points and loyalty point redemption. Only one code applies for any single transaction. Unless otherwise stated, all codes are single time use only. Exemptions apply to Recycling points in your ecobarter wallets, discount codes, such as sale or clearance items and certain brands as per merchant guidelines.
If a discount code with a minimum order applicable is used on a transaction, and a partial refund takes the order below the minimum order, the discount will be invalidated. New discount codes are not permittable on back orders.
15) We reserve the right to cancel orders where incorrect pricing has been listed.
16) We reserve the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time.
3.4 EXTRAS AND OPTIONAL TOOLS
1) We reserve the right to provide and terminate extra incentives for shopping such as (but not limited to) free shipping, discount sales and redeemable points on purchases.
2) We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input. You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools. Any use by you of optional tools offered through the Ecobarter platform is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
3) We may offer new services and/or features through the platform (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
SECTION FOUR: MERCHANT GUIDELINES
A merchant is any individual, artisan or business that sells products and/or services on the Ecobarter platform.
4.1 GENERAL CONDITIONS
1) Every merchant shall create a store and upload products and/or services to sell on the Ecobarter platform at https://app.ecobarter.africa/shop/seller
2) Every merchant is responsible for proper representation and description of their products and/or service include featured images, product name, price, key raw materials.
3) Ecobarter reserved the right to approve a product and/or services before it is finally displayed on the Ecobarter shop
4) Ecobarter reserves the right to accept order requests and payments for products and/or services sold on the Ecobarter platform on behalf of the merchant
5) A sale is only made when the customer has confirmed recipient of the order. And only then shall a merchant receive payment on the sale
6) In general, the service provided by Ecobarter to the merchant is limited to hosting merchants’ product/services, referring customers, accepting order and payments on behalf of the merchant. In addition to this and at Ecobarter’s discretion, we may provide other services from analytics, in-app/in-platform paid marketing, product optimization, business training and additional business development support.
4.2 ECOBARTER’S RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
2) Upon approval, Ecobarter will display on the Ecobarter shop, products and services listed by the merchant.
3) Ecobarter shall accept orders and payment for merchant’s products and services
4) Ecobarter shall remit payment for orders sales to the merchant after agreed commissions in section 2.4 below has been deducted.
5) In order to maintain its reputation for quality and high standard of service, Ecobarter reserves the right to terminate the relationship with the merchant if the merchant repeatedly receives bad reviews or complaints, or fails to comply with our recommendations.
4.3 MERCHANT’S RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
1) The merchant shall be responsible for creating a store on the ecobarter platform, uploading products according to Ecobarter’s standards and providing representative descriptions which shall include but not limited to a detailed title and sub-title, price, quantity, picture and description.
2) The merchant must never knowingly deceive a potential customer by misrepresenting their product/s. Where omissions and other errors have occurred, the merchant shall bear the cost of such inaccuracy that may result from (but not limited to) return, refund or upgrade of products or services.
3) The merchant must notify Ecobarter of any changes to the detail of their listings while uploaded on the site, immediately such changes are noticed or brought to the merchants knowing
4) The merchant guarantees that information listed on Ecobarter relating to her/his products satisfies all legal requirements, and in particular satisfies information requirements for consumer protection.
5) The merchant guarantees that her/his products do not violate any copyright laws as dictated by the Laws and Acts of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
6) The merchant shall be responsible for keeping an up-to-date inventory of all their products listed on Ecobarter. And hence the merchant agrees to termination on the Ecobarter platform if s/he have failed to process delivery of products within the stipulated time on more than 3 occasions.
7) The merchant shall only contact the customers in extreme situations and as approved by Ecobarter for processing the order. In particular, the merchant shall not send any advertising or direct contact to the customer without prior agreement from Ecobarter or the expressed wish of the customer.
8) When delivering products sold via Ecobarter, the merchant will not advertise any of Ecobarter’s competitors.
9) The merchant is obligated to process orders and arrange delivery with all reasonable care the moment receipt of confirmation of sale is received through the Ecobarter platform via email, text message and/or phone call.
10) The merchant shall properly package every order in the appropriate eco-friendly packaging
11) Except for products set to “pre-order” or “back order”, The merchant shall process and package the order and ready for pickup by Ecobarter’s logistics partner within 1 day of confirmation of sale. Failure to adhere to this more than 3 times shall attract termination of Merchant store on the Ecobarter platform
13) The merchant agrees to adhere to her/his range of products and prices as provided to Ecobarter and as described on their listing on the Ecobarter platform.
14) The merchant guarantees that there are no ongoing criminal, bankruptcy or tax proceedings or other penalties outstanding in relation to the products and/or service they are selling through the Ecobarter platform.
15) The merchant further guarantees to take great care to keep up-to- date his range of products, stock count, prices and associated terms and conditions, like delivery fees.
4.4 COMMISSION AND PAYMENT
1) The merchant agrees to pay Ecobarter a commission on the gross revenue from the sales of any products and/or service made through the Ecobarter platform. The percentage commission shall be dependent on the product and/or service category as detailed in the table below.
|Beauty (hair, body, makeup)
|Fashion (Accessories, clothing, shoe, slippers, bags, sunglasses, Jewelleries etc)
|Home (Beddings, Décor, Candles, Bath etc)
|Kitchen (Utensils, food packs, towels)
|Outdoor (Travel bags, Gear bags, Mat, Bottles etc)
|Packaging (Paper bags, gift boxes, carton boxes etc)
|Personal Care (Oral, skin, scents)
|Custom (custom gift sets,)
2) Ecobarter reserves the right to adjust the commission rates, provided suitable notice is served in advance to the merchant before the new rates take effect. Ecobarter will give the merchant adequate notice of any commission changes, in writing via email. This however, does not cover adjustments that constitute a material change to the overall terms and conditions of use, which would require an additional agreement on the change.
3) Ecobarter shall only remit payment of products and/or services sales made on the Ecobarter platform to merchants when a order delivery has been confirmed.
4) Ecobarter shall only remit payment of products and/or services sales made on the Ecobarter platform to merchants on Tuesdays and Fridays. This means that all merchants.
whose order delivery was confirmed from Friday to Monday will received their settlements on Tuesday and all confirmation received from Tuesday to Thursday will be settled on Friday.
5) Payment will be made electronically via paystack or directly into the merchants account with an accompanying invoice.
through our secured and trusted payment partner Paystack or any other partner we deem fit.
6) The merchant will keep receipts of deliveries to customers for at least 13 months and make those available on request. In case of problems that may cause the order to be rescinded, or in case of a delivery failure, the merchant must immediately notify ecobarter by phone so that the credit card payment may be cancelled.
7) The merchant shall bear the risk of abuse of the payment medium (e.g. of credit card or debit card fraud). If a fraudulent payment has been credited to the merchant, Ecobarter reserves the right to correct the amount the merchant is invoiced to offset this payment.